The following are the terms and conditions for the use of firesidereaders.rdpl.org. BY ACCESSING AND CONTRIBUTING TO THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, you may not use the website. These terms may be modified or revised at any time without notice.
1. Description of Service
- The purpose of this website is to provide a forum where book lovers from Red Deer Public Library’s Fireside Readers can discuss books with other book lovers. All are welcome to read along, post, and join in the online discussion.
- We will provide a summary of each book that is being read by the club to encourage discussion. Red Deer Public Library cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information, nor does it endorse any book or author.
- Members of the community are invited to ask questions and post comments on the books and/or authors.
- The goal is to promote positive, interactive dialogue between book lovers; the more community members participate by contributing to the blog, the more successful it will be. We encourage everyone to become involved in firesidereaders.rdpl.org!
2. Proper/Intended Use
- This website is created and maintained in order to provide a link between the Fireside Readers of Red Deer Public Library and others who wish to join in participating with this book club. Please be respectful of this website and its goals.
- The website is intended for anyone with an interest in book clubs, the books presented, participating in a discussion, or a desire to know more about any of these topics. Participation on the blog is encouraged, though everyone is invited to simply read through the existing dialogue between the book clubs and community members.
- The opinions expressed by participants on the blog, do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Red Deer Public Library or its staff.
3. General Practices Regarding Moderation
- Comments and questions will be reviewed by a team of Red Deer Public Library staff.
- You must either create an account or use an existing account to post comments on the blog. Your name will be visible to the public.
- The moderators of this website reserve the right to block or remove material at any time without notice or explanation.
- The moderators’ decisions are final.
4. Blocking/Removing Material
- Posts may be removed by moderators as a result of the following:
- Submitting posts that do not include the writer's name.
- Posting comments or questions that contain profanity.
- Publishing material that is deemed to be malicious, threatening, or offensive.
- Unauthorized advertising or spamming.
- Bombarding the blog or individual threads with repetitive, irrelevant posts.
- Posting obscene, objectionable, or pornographic material.
- Impersonating other individuals.
- False representation; or, the posting of information that does not accord with the truth.
- Posting comments or questions that breach the privacy of others by providing personal or otherwise restricted information.
- Illegal conduct of any sort.